There are five factors must be considered to learn singing :
- Technic is important, but it should never be a fetish, assuming display importance for its own sake out of all proportion to the deeper verities of expression.
- Correct technical use of the voice is best induced through emphasis on sound, on expression desired, with the correlating thought concepts relative to feeling in proper associated physical response.
- Technic is relative; there is no such thing as absolute perfection. There never has been a perfect singer. Every one of the famous birds of song, male or female, has some faults (Wiliam J. Henderson).
- Voice training is a developmental process both physically and mentally, not just a learning process.
- Minimum degree of technical manipulative skill in singing is necessary before any measure of confidence can be expected.